Pedal Pushers Online is a cycling e-zine based in New York. Their events coverage is photo heavy with written accounts favouring the experience of participants over commentary style reports of results. If you’re keen to know more, follow this link for a story I wrote after the inaugral BMC Mountains-to-Beach which took place last March. There’s also an interesting story on there about the US Cyclocross Champs (“45 Minutes”) if you dig around. Sounds intense(ly fun)!
This site pulls together the research I do, the equipment I test and the stories I tell. It is a place to share the work I've been involved in and the adventures had along the way.
- A tiny note to subscribers
- Lighthouse interview: challenges for athletes at an Olympics with no spectators (and five billion other Covid-related factors)
- Embodied intelligence in skilled performance. New journal article published in the Review of Philosophy and Psychology
- On learning from experts’ embodied experience, in the situations where they thrive. New book chapter with John Sutton.
- Watch: 7 years of research on embodied cognition and vulnerability in skilled performance. One friendly seminar.